About the Conference
UMIES 2010 is open to Malaysian postgraduate students in engineering sciences who are currently studying in Malaysia, United Kingdom and Ireland. UMIES 2010, which runs from 23-25 June in Queen’s University Belfast, aims to provide an excellent platform to Malaysian students to share and exchange research findings and ideas.
The objectives of the conference are as follows:
- To increase the involvement of Malaysian students in an internationally recognised conference.
- To promote the value of knowledge sharing and networking among Malaysians and also with their international counterparts.
- To strengthen the bond among the academic institutions of three countries in sharing new ideas and strengthen future research activities.
The conference will be divided into four themes in engineering and science:
- Chemical, Bioprocess and Food Engineering
- Mechanical, Aeronautical and Materials Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Computer Science and Information Technology
The conference is hosted by The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) Malaysia, Queen’s University Belfast (Queen’s), Malaysian Students Department UK and Eire (MASDUKE), Universiti Malaya (UM) and Malaysian Postgraduates of Northern Ireland (MyPNI).
Prizes for the best papers in each category will also be awarded. The awards are aimed at promoting participation among Malaysian students, encouraging competitiveness among postgraduates and recognising their achievements and dedication. In the future, it is hoped there will be more participation from the private and international sectors in acknowledging the students research achievements.